Powder metallurgy is a metallurgical process that uses powder materials for forming and sintering. In recent years, powder metallurgy technology has been developing continuously, and some new processes and technologies have appeared. Here are some of the new powder metallurgy technology processes:
- 3D printing: The use of 3D printing technology can directly shape the powder material according to the design requirements, without the traditional mold manufacturing and processing processes, can achieve complex shape parts manufacturing.
- Electron beam melting manufacturing: The use of electron beam melting technology can directly melt and shape powder materials, which can achieve high-precision manufacturing and the manufacturing of complex-shaped parts.
- Liquid metal forming: Mixing metal powder with liquid metal and pressing it through high pressure and high temperature can achieve high-density and high-strength parts manufacturing.
- Plasma spraying: Using plasma spraying technology, the metal powder is sprayed onto the substrate to create a coating that can enhance the material’s resistance to wear, corrosion, and heat.
- Nanopowder metallurgy: Nanopowder can be prepared with special properties of materials, such as high strength, toughness, and high-temperature stability.
- Powder injection molding: powder materials are mixed with polymer materials to manufacture complex-shaped parts through injection molding technology.
These new powder metallurgy technologies have essential application value in improving material properties, reducing manufacturing costs, and realizing customized manufacturing.